When it comes to targeting holiday shoppers during the fall holiday shopping season, you need to plan out your advertising and marketing strategy months in advance. I usually start my planing in early July.
If you are going for print advertising, you need to realize that you need to do that weeks, if not months in advance.
Here are some creative Holiday Advertising ideas for you to think about before the upcoming holiday season.
1. Do some print advertising in a community holiday shopping guide. A lot of communities print up Holiday Shopping Guides listing area businesses.
2. Call up local church and civic groups and inquire about you placing an ad in their printed up Holiday Song Books that they hand out during the holiday season. These ads are usually less than $20
3. A lot of churches, schools and civic groups hold holiday bazaars during the Holiday Season! Contact them! Usually you can get a booth or table for around $20 – $25 which you can get a receipt and write off on your taxes as a biz deduction.
4. Print up flyers (holiday themed) and place them through out your community.
5. Participate in Local Holiday Community Events and Fundraisers. The more you get out into your community, the more you network and find new hosts and/or new customers.
6. A lot of groups do fundraising during the fall and holiday months. This is the time to be contacting them about the fabulous Fundraising Opportunity that your company has.
7. Print out mini Holiday Recipe Books (4-6 pages) with some of your favorite holiday family recipes. Make sure you business contact info is somewhere on it. Hand them out for free to friends, family, co-workers, local businesses, at your parties and every where you go! You can do this for about .12 cents each or less.
8. Holiday Gala’ and Other Holiday Events where they need contest prize sponsors. Donate a prize and get tons of business exposure!
9. Hold a Holiday Open House in your own home for the neighborhood children to come and holiday shop for their parents. I do this one 2-3 times every fall season and its a BIG Success! I set up a table with some crafting supplies so they can make their own holiday greeting cards. On the invites I request that parents send each child with a minimum of $15 to the party.
Parents enjoy the 1-2 hours away from the children and the children feel proud that they were able to shop without any adults!
Advertise this as your local community centers, schools, daycare centers, area latch key programs and give a stack of fliers to your own children to pass out to their friends!
10. Contact local schools and churches and obtain info about their upcoming holiday plays and holiday music concert programs. They usually sell advertising in their play program books and holiday music guide books! You can get a lot of business exposure directed to guests and customers who are already thinking about the Upcoming holidays 2021 and they will be in the holiday mood after seeing your ad in the program guide.